This post will show you the best ways to buy litecoins using many different payment methods and exchanges for each method. Before you start, make sure you have a good litecoin wallet to store your LTC. NEVER store your litecoins on a crypto exchange.
Popular Exchanges eToro
- Start trading fast; high limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- Your capital is at risk.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- “Instant Buy” option available with debit card
- Works in almost all countries
- Highest limits for buying bitcoins with a credit card
- Reliable and trusted broker
Buy Litecoin with Credit Card or Debit Card
Let’s dive into some of the exchanges supporting Litecoin credit card purchases.
These exchanges are our favorite ways to buy.
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a credit card.
Coinbase is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
The fees will come out to 3.99% per purchase.
Here is a good video that can help walk you through the process of buying on Coinbase, although it’s fairly easy.
Coinmama recently added the ability to buy litecoin directly on the platform. Users from nearly any country in the world can use Coinmama to buy litecoins.
Coinmama has some of the highest limits among credit card exchanges.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using a credit card from most European countries.
CEX.io is based in the UK and is one of the oldest crypto exchanges online.
CEX.io supports litecoin and its users from nearly anywhere in the world can buy litecoin with credit card on the platform.
Buy Litecoin with Bank Account or Bank Transfer
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a bank account or transfer.
Coinbase, like is is for credit cards, is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Coinbase is one of primary exchanges used to buy Litecoins.
Americans can use ACH transfer (5–7 days wait), and Europeans can use SEPA transfer (1–3 days wait).
The fees will come out to 1.49% per purchase.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using SEPA transfer from most European countries. You can also use SOFORT, NETELLER, or GiroPay.
CEX.io also supports litecoin buys via bank account. This is via wire transfer for US citizens, SEPA for Europe, and SWIFT for the rest of the globe.
Binance is now one of the largest if not the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. It supports bank and card purchases of Litecoin as well as Litecoin trading pairs with Bitcoin and Etehreum.
Get a Litecoin Wallet
Before we move onto other options:
Never store your litecoins on an exchange!
Always withdrawal your litecoin to an offline cryptocurrency wallet like the Ledger Nano S or any other wallet that you control.
The Ledger Nano S and TREZOR are the best options for secure storage.
Other Methods to Buy Litecoin
If you don’t have a card or want to avoid the high fees, you can use the following methods to buy Litecoin as well.
Find out which one works best for you.
Buy Litecoin with PayPal
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litecoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litecoin, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litecoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litecoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Coinbase Pro to swap the Bitcoin for Litecoin.
Buy Litecoin with Cash
There is no good way to buy litecoins with cash. LocalBitcoins is the most popular way to buy bitcoins with cash, and it does not have Litecoin support. Other popular cash to Bitcoin exchanges like BitQuick and Wall of Coins also do not support LTC. So you will have to first buy bitcoins with cash then exchange them for LTC using the method described below.
The same goes for Bitcoin ATMs. Most do not support Litecoin. So if you want to buy litecoins at a Bitcoin ATM you first have to buy bitcoins and then trade the BTC for litecoins.
Buy Litecoin with Bitcoin
If you already have Bitcoins then it is VERY simple to convert some of your BTC to litecoins.
You just need to find an exchange with the LTC/BTC pair, which is most exchanges since LTC/BTC is a very popular pair to trade.
Buy Litecoin with Skrill
BitPanda, mentioned above, also accepts Skrill payments for LTC. The fees will vary and are simply included in your buy price.
is probably the fastest way to convert BTC to Litecoin. You just enter the amount of LTC you want to buy, and give them a LTC address. Then they will tell you how much BTC to send to their address. Once your BTC is sent, you will have LTC delivered to your wallet very shortly after.
Buy Litecoin with Ethereum
Ethereum has experienced a massive price rise. Nearly a year ago it was $10, and now at over $500, many want to move some of their ETH gains into other coins like Litecoin.
Litecoin has very good liquidity, and is very popular among traders especially in China.
So this guide is going to show you how to buy litecoins with Ethereum. We will show some of the best exchanges you can use, and the pros and cons of using different types of exchanges over the other.
is one of the most unique exchanges, and also one of the fastest ways to convert your ETH to LTC.
With Cryptmixer you do not even need to store your money with the exchange, meaning you are at very little risk of getting your funds stolen.
With Cryptmixer you simply specify the amount of LTC you want to buy, and specific the address to where your litecoins should be sent and within 30 minutes you will have LTC delivered to your wallet.
Poloniex is the world’s largest altcoin exchange. However, there is a huge downside to using Poloniex to convert your ETH to LTC:
Poloniex does not have a LTC/ETH market, meaning you have to first trade your ETH to BTC, and then trade your BTC for LTC.
While this method works, you will have to make multiple trades and also pay fees twice.
Shapeshift is basically the same as Cryptmixer, and was actually the first company to come up with the concept of an exchange that does not hold your own funds.
Frequently Asked Questions About Buying Litecoin
Many of you may still have lots of questions about how to buy Litecoin.
Odds are we have answered almost any question you could think of below.
We will aim to answer many of the most common questions relating to buying Litecoin.
Why are there limited options to buying Litecoin using other altcoins?
The issue in all crypto markets is liquidity. As the space gets bigger, the liquidity also gets better. But as of now, the only VERY liquid cryptocurrency is Bitcoin. So exchanging two altcoins between each other is often harder than if BTC was involved on one side of the trade.
How much is a Litecoin worth?
Like all currencies, the value of Litecoin changes every second. The value of Litecoin also depends on the country you are in and the exchange you are trading on. You can find the most up to date price on Coinbase
How do I buy Ripple (XRP) with Litecoin?
The best way to buy Ripple using Litecoin is to either use a non KYC exchange like Cryptmixer or start an account on Binance
or Coinbase Pro and sell your Litecoin for Ripple. Look for LTC/XRP trading pairs, and make your trade.
How long does Litecoin take to confirm?
Litecoin blocks are added ever 2 and a half minutes. That means you should get one confirmation every two and a half minutes. This can vary if it takes miners longer to discover a block, but the difficulty of the finding a block should change proportionate to the hashing power on the network so that a block gets added approximately every 2.5 minutes.
If you are trying to send money to a merchant, they may require more than one confirmation before they send you products. If you are depositing on an exchange, they may also require three or more confirmations before they credit your account.
How many Litoshis make one Litecoin?
one hundred million (100,000,000) Litoshis make one (1) Litecoin.
Where do I store Litecoin?
The best place to store litecoin is on a hardware wallet. You can find the best one for you on our page dedicated to hardware wallets.
When is the Litecoin halving?
The expected date of the next Litecoin block reward halving is August 7th, 2023.
Why can litecoin take so long to buy?
Litecoin can take long to buy because the legacy banking system is very slow. If you are buying with another cryptocurrency, you will see how fast it is to buy!
Bank transfer in the USA, for example, take about 5 days to complete. So any purchase of Litecoin made with a US bank transfer will take a minimum of 5 days.
How do I buy Litecoin with Paypal?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litcoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litcoineum, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litcoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litcoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Cryptmixer to swap the Bitcoin for Litcoin.
Can you buy partial litecoins?
Yes, litecoin, like Bitcoin, is divisible to many decimal places so you can buy 0.1 LTC, 0.001 LTC, etc.
Can you sell litecoin?
Yes, you can sell LTC on most of the exchanges mentioned above. The fees, speed, and privacy is the same in most cases.
Can anyone buy litecoins?
Anyone is free to buy litecoins, as long as you find an exchange that supports your country. Most cryptocurrency wallets do not require ID to sign up so you can always make a wallet and get paid in litecoin, too.
Which payment method is best to use?
For speed, credit card will likely be fastest. For larger amounts, bank transfer is best. For privacy, it’s best to buy bitcoins with cash and then trade for litecoins using Cryptmixer or Shapeshift.
Is it better to mine or buy litecoins?
If you have cheap electricity, it might be worth it to mine litecoins. If you have solar power or just want to mine for fun then it could be worth it. Otherwise, it’s probably better just to buy.
Mining is constantly changing and small changes in Litecoin price or electricity can greatly affect your profitability.
What should I do with my litecoins once I buy?
You should immediately move your litecoins into a secure wallet. You should never leave your litecoins on an exchange. There have been countless hacks in cryptocurrency since Bitcoin was created in 2009. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost money. So buy your litecoins, and then instantly send them into a wallet you control so you are not at risk of losing money to a hack or scam.
7. Once you click on Sell Bitcoin Instantly, your funds will now be in your fiat currency wallet. 8. Ok, so we are at the final step on how to cash out Bitcoin to your bank account. Click on your fiat currency wallet (for example, EUR/USD/YEN), and click on withdraw. Your bank account details will already be saved from when you set it up earlier. Add NETELLER's mobile site to your home screen. Press and select Add to Home Screen . en Türkçe Deutsch Dansk 한국어 Italiano English عربي Eλληνικά Polski Français Português Русский 简体中文 日本語 Español Svenska Norsk Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocoin, and Netteller also offers to withdraw Bitcoin to Neteller account too. It depends on your choice of cryptocurrency, and also on the exact amount. It will be approximately equal to 10 EUR. The maximum amount depends on the transaction limits associated with your account. There is a fee at the time of the exchange. Neteller provides the instant transaction ... Hello Satya ! Unfortunately, you are not able to withdraw money in your indian bank account from any international crypto exchange . If you have any account on Indian exchange wallet , you can do one thing . You can convert your coins into BTC/ ET... Bitcoin to Neteller Exchange BTC, Bitcoin cashout, Ethereum ETH, Litecoin LTC, Monero XMR, Bitcoin Cash BCH, to Bank Account, PayPal, Payoneer, Skrill, Nettler, Okpay. No Verification, No ID Required. Instant Payment Process! BTC to USD. Bitc in-Cashout.com Toggle navigation. HOME ; CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE ; ABOUT; CONTACT; 1 BTC = $ 13190.31 - 29/10/2020 09:23:10 am . Start Exchange. Send ... Buy Binance Coin with Neteller at Paybis. Our cryptocurrency exchange platform is accessible 24/7 and offers safe and fast transactions. Sep 29, 2020 Paybis Adds Support for 43 New Currencies! Private. Paybis private services . Exchange . Best place to buy or sell crypto . Business. Paybis business services . Liquidity services . Liquidity provider with KYC and more . Company. About us . Our ... Instant crypto currency exchange rate get profitable margin while selling bitcoins for usd cash to receive credits in Neteller euro account convert btc to skrill dollar quick service by top exchanger. Exchange Bitcoin to Payza USD WMZ. BTC to wmz exchange crypto currency digital assets to real money and get paid into webmoney USD WMZ purse payza account okpay solid trust pay moneygram US bank ... Binance takes security very seriously, and customers are asked to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) when they register an account. 2FA is an extra level of security that sends a special code to your mobile phone every time you want to log in, trade, or withdraw funds. They offer multiple methods that you may use to withdraw Bitcoin to bank account. However, they do not share how much fees they charge, instead, the fees are incorporated in the buying or selling price of your Bitcoin. The withdrawal methods supported are SEPA, Online Bank Transfer, and SOFORT. We recommend it for those making small Bitcoin withdrawals in Europe and the US. 6. Coinbase Pro. If ... Can You Withdraw Bitcoin to Your Bank Account. It goes without saying that every Bitcoin holder can exchange cryptocurrency for fiat money and transfer it to the bank account in a matter of minutes. In fact, there are 4 ways to do that: Sell Bitcoin on the crypto exchange and get money directly to the bank account. There are many trusted crypto exchanges operating on the Internet nowadays and ...
Know how to transfer from Binance to Coinbase. This video will help you move your coins from Binance to hardware wallet or other exchange. In this video, I s... IN today's video we take a look at how to Use Binance , specifically, how to deposit and withdraw on the Binance Exchange. I've set up a new Telegram group f... Watch this tutorial video to learn how to withdraw cryptocurrency from a cryptocurrency exchange. This tutorial uses Binance and My Ether Wallet as an exampl... How to Withdraw Cryptocurrency to your Bank Account - ... How to deposit Coinexchange with Neteller, Skrill, Bitcoin 2018 - Duration: 16:46. wealthtrade Kamboja 541 views. 16:46. How To Convert ... ★★ Get DISCOUNTS On Your Binance Fees! ★★ Affiliate Fee Kickback for Binance exchange and more ★ ★ BINANCE - You can get 10% off on your fees by using our Binance Affiliate link below ... Join Binance here: https://www.binance.com/?ref=12695653 (20% off trading fees with this link) Join OKEx here: https://www.okex.com/join/1913302 (20$ Welcome... How to transfer fund from Binance to coins.ph #Binance #CoinsPh If you want to use bitcoin for buying things online, you should use a bitcoin wallet that broadcasts transactions immediately. Most accounts and exchange ser... Learn Step By Step how you can successfully withdraw bitcoin from your binance account into your wallet. Don't forget to give this video a thumbs up if your enjoyed it. Further, I have another video I will post later today explaining why you should be using Binance and the special experiment we will be doing with our Binance account and everyone on our team. It ...